Imagine being nico it’s just like hey thanks rick my life is apparently just a spiral of never ending sadness what the hell did I do to piss you off
idk i think beckendorf would be sadder since he died and all
I firmly believe that the reason many Slytherins were easily convinced to join Voldemort was because they were treated like shit by the rest of the houses while they were growing up. Imagine spending seven of the most important years of your life being told that you were part of the bad house and therefore bad yourself. Everyone boos your quidditch team. All the houses will hang out with everyone except you. You grow up being hated by your fellow students and many of your teachers.
Now imagine someone comes along and tells you that you’re not worthless and bad. That you’re invited to join a family where you will right the wrongs committed against you. You have the opportunity to be wanted and powerful instead of a hated outcast. Several of your former classmates are telling you how great it is. How you’re welcomed and needed. These are the kids you grew up with. The classmates who went through all the same things you did. Being a Death Eater sounds pretty good now.
I’ve been waiting for a post like this.
BLESS THIS POST
I was always bothered by the scene at the end of book 7, when the students are asked whether they want to fight the incoming Death Eater army. The Slytherin students are all like, “Uh. No?” And they’re treated like terrorists for it. In the movie, they’re even locked in the school dungeons while everyone cheers.
Did nobody stop to think and realize that if the Sytherin students had stood and fought, they would have been facing their own parents on a battlefield? Even if some of them weren’t really on board with the whole Death Eater thing, expecting them to fight was just cruel. They were children. The oldest of them were seventeen. Babies. And their own professors were asking them to shoot illegal killing spells at Mum and Dad.
Imagine you are a Slytherin and you are staying behind to defend your school and maybe restore some honor to your House. The other students are all giving you mistrustful glares. You know they’re waiting for you to start hitting them in the back with stunning spells. You consider doing it, too, because you’re already starting to regret the choice you made.
Then the battle begins, and you are up against a crowd of strangers who aren’t strangers at all. You recognize voices, muffled behind masks but still piercingly familiar. Your uncle. Your cousin. Your best friend’s big sister.
And then you see a tall man in expensive grey robes. A moment later you notice the small, curvy woman next to him, wand ready. They are guarding each others backs.
You recognize their shoes.
I always though this. And at the end of The Philosopher’s Stone? Slytherin had worked incredibly hard, and Dumbledore made sure that just enough points were given to students who had done about a million things against the school rules so that they would lose. I think that Slytherin house was victimised a lot, and I kind of hope now that the likes of Scorpius Malfoy won’t have to go through such prejudice. Perhaps, after the war, people realised that all Slytherins weren’t to blame Probably not, though.
Tell me again why a women’s liberation movement is no longer needed.
Dear “I don’t need feminism” crowd…
“The Iowa Supreme Court on Friday stood by its ruling that a dentist acted legally when he fired an assistant because he found her too attractive and worried he would try to start an affair. Coming to the same conclusion as it did in December, the all-male court found that bosses can fire employees they see as threats to their marriages, even if the subordinates have not engaged in flirtatious or other inappropriate behavior. The court said such firings do not count as illegal sex discrimination because they are motivated by feelings, not gender." [x]
i hope all old white men burn in hell
Are you fucking kidding me.
"Afraid to start an affair" sounds a lot like "im probably gonna assault her" to me.
ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew men are fucking gross
whats this homestuck garbage doing in hamlet
the english language, everyone
This hit me like a brick
And people wonder why authors use italics and bold and shit so reader’s understand what’s going the fuck on.
And of course I just read this in my head 7 times, stressing each word differently.
this post haunts me in the back of my brain in the most random times and forces me to break apart sentences i’ve heard all day to find other sentences like this
I FORGOT THAT MY FRIEND NAMED HIS CAT DAVID BOWIE SO I WAS CONFUSED FOR A SEC
i couldnt stop my hand
i had a dream that i was walking around in a shirt with stalks of corn all over it and somebody was like “wtf are u wearing?” and i said “it’s a crop top” i laughed so hard that i woke up
I recently hit 1k followers and because of this, I decided it was high time for me to host the giveaway I had been planning! I hope you all enjoy~
What You Will Win:
- One Deposit of 100 USD to your Paypal as a donation from me
- Your choice of one Uniqso wig [under $60]
- One Pair of Tofi Gold Circle Lenses from Uniqso
- One set of Collagen Firming Eyecreams
- One Tonymoly CC Cream and One Delight Tonymoly Liptint
- A set of two Misha Volumizing Mascara
- One Skin Food Glacier Water Toning Mask
- Two Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Creams
- One Etude House Drawing Show Eyeliner
- One Nature Republic Lip Scrub
- You MUST be following me. If you unfollow afterwards, you will not be allowed to participate in any of my future giveaways.
- You must reblog this post and leave the text intact, otherwise your entries will be invalid.
- Reblogging this (linked) post will count as another two entries.
- You may reblog this giveaway post as many times as you want. You will receive 1 entry for every reblog.
- If you join Uniqso through my links and show me proof (ie: screenshot), I will give you 5 additional entries into the giveaway.
- If you purchase something from FashionKawaii using the “soy-milku” discount code [10% off] you will receive 25 additional entries into my giveaway. Just show me some kind of evidence [ie: purchase receipt]
- If the winner is unable to accept the Paypal donation, I will re-randomize the results and pick a new winner. They will receive the money instead but the cosmetics and other prizes will still go to the original winner.
- The giveaway winner(s) will be chosen via Random.org on October 22nd, 2014 at 5:35 pm EST. If I receive no response within 24 hours, a new winner shall be chosen.
seeing your tumblr friends hanging out with each other
This is honestly the best poster I have found in a while supporting breast cancer awareness. I am honestly so sick of seeing, “set the tatas free” and “save the boobies”. There is no reason in hell a life threatening, life ruining disease should be sexualized. “Don’t wear a bra day,” go fuck yourselves. You’re not saving a pair of tits, you’re saving the entire package: mind, body, and soul included. Women are not just a pair of breasts.
*eats something that tastes bad*
me: am i a ghoul
Goddamn. Smart woman for thinking of the “ordering a pizza” thing, and smart dispatcher for picking up on it.